Carpet is often used by people to beautify a room. Normally the room is carpeted too impressed warm and comfortable. But if not treated, the carpet becomes quickly dull and not pretty anymore. Worse, the carpet is not cleaned often become a den of germs and mite allergens. The smell is stale anyway.
The following are ways to treat the carpet to look stay beautiful, clean and not easily damaged.
- Use a vacuum cleaner (vacuum cleaner) to clean the carpets at least 3 times a week.
- The carpet is washed with special soap to carpet at least 6 months. If feels too heavy to wash yourself, you could put carpet to laundry services.
- Reposition the carpet 2-3 months so the parts often stepped on or bypassed people can change positions. Also Part of this is to prevent the carpet becomes faster faded from too much sun exposure than other parts.
- Musty smell in the carpet can be resolved to sprinkle a little baking soda into the carpet. Wait 30 minutes, and then cleaned using a vacuum cleaner.
- To cope with a sharper smell, wash the part that smells with 20% vinegar mixed with 80% water. Use a clean cloth dampened with a solution of vinegar water earlier. Not recommended rubbing the area with a brush. Odor stains should be cleaned. The longer the stain stick is more difficult to clean.
- Especially for new carpet. When newly installed carpet or spread on the floor, sort of floating dust. When inhaled, this dust can cause eye irritation, scratchy throat and even dizziness in some people. To fix this, before the carpet was sent to our home, ask the carpet store to clean / vacuuming the carpet.
- At the time of installing the carpet, especially carpet fitted coat the entire floor of the room, keep the ventilation in the room was really good. If you need to open all doors and windows, after the carpet is installed, you should not use the room for at least 72 hours.
I hope this tip is useful for you all.Excerpted from various sources